Pork roast with fried potatoes, beans and mint - Frankie Soenen
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 500 g “Ardennes” pork roast
- 600 g baby potatoes
- 300 g fine green beans
- 50 g butter + extra for greasing
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the pork roast in a greased baking dish and allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
2. Put the meat in the oven for 35-45 minutes. After 15 minutes, rinse the potatoes and cut them in half lengthwise. Boil them in salted water until tender. Drain. Allow the meat to rest under a tent of aluminium foil before slicing.
3. Rinse and the beans and cut off the ends. Bring salted water to the boil and blanch the beans for 8-10 minutes. Finely chop the mint and parsley. Fry the drained baby potatoes in the butter and season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve the roast with the potatoes and beans, sprinkle with the chopped herbs.
We have been able to rely on Frankie as a driver for 41(!) years now. When he started, he only delivered our pork around Belgium, but this calm, friendly, flexible and independent driver has since expanded his range to the entirety of Europe. At present, you will run into him primarily on British roads: a choice he does not regret. The traffic is more pleasant and the roads are wider there. When he is in Belgium, he likes searching for calm spots, whether or not behind the wheel. He also enjoys horseback-riding with his family.