Summer stew - Piet Vereecke
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 2 Ardennes pork tenderloins (approx. 1kg)
- 1 bunch spring onion, cut into diagonal rings
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch of carrots, in pieces
- 250 g frozen peas
- 1 lettuce
- 1 kg potatoes (floury), diced
- Pepper, salt, nutmeg
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Use a large stew pot. Fry the pork tenderloin all around in some butter over a high heat.
2. Add the spring onion, garlic and carrot pieces. Stir-fry and add the peas and roughly chopped lettuce.
3. Add the potato pieces and top up with water until just submerged. Bring to boil first, then lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Taste, season further with nutmeg, pepper and a little salt. Cut the meat into slices. Divide everything on a large scale. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Piet has been working at the Belgian Pork Group since 2006. He started at Westvlees as a production manager before moving to Lovenfosse, where he was appointed coordinator of the Human Resource Business Partners in 2016. These days, however, he is working slightly closer to home as Plant Manager at Van Bogaert. He enjoys spending his Sunday afternoons in the kitchen. This recipe demands quite a bit of preparation, but you will be more than willing to make the effort once you experience the same cosy moments that Piet enjoys with his children over a plate of this delicious dish. It always takes him back to the cosy kitchen table of his youth!