Banana croquette with minced meat - Micheline Kalimu Mubaya
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 2 plantains
- 150 g minced pork
- 100 g flour
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- Salt and pepper
- Oil, for frying
1. Blanch the two plantains in a pan for 10 minutes. Immerse them in cold water to stop the cooking process and remove the peel.
2. Mash the plantains in a bowl and add the chopped meat. Season with paprika, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Take 3 deep plates. Put the flour in the first, the beaten eggs in the second and the breadcrumbs in the third. Shape the plantain-meat mixture into balls or oblong croquettes.
4. Coat each ball first with the flour, then with the egg and finally with the breadcrumbs.
4. Heat a deep fryer with oil to 170°C and fry a few croquettes in it for 3 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper and serve!
5. If you wish, you can serve them with the sauce of your preference.
MICHELINE KALIMU MUBAYA
How enthusiastic can be you can when presenting a dish? When Micheline, our 30-year-old colleague from the Lovenfosse cutting hall, introduces us to her traditional family recipes, there is no way to ignore her energy. She likes to prepare this dish for her family or her friends in her gospel choir. Micheline also confesses that she enjoys baking, which is something that the children and staff of the schools where she does volunteer work are also very happy about!